A plastic surgeon who has examined over 50,000 butts in his career believes he can now classify every woman’s butt into five distinct categories. Dr. Matthew Schulman boasts over 2,000 butt augmentations in his career, and he’s gone about classifying women’s butts in order to help them choose recommended underwear styles (not just because he’s a professional ass man). Dr. Shulman claims that a woman’s butt shape is first and foremost determined by the location of the hip and pelvis bones, the size of the underlying butt (gluteal) muscles, the amount of fat, and last but not least is how those gluteal muscles are attached the the thigh bone. If you don’t remember the the thigh bone let me refresh your memory real quick: “Knee bone connected to the thigh bone Thigh bone connected to the hip bone” So what are the five distinct butt categories that every woman on planet earth falls into? Let’s check ’em out… via Cosmopolitan :
1. Square: If the line between your hip bone and outer thigh runs perpendicular to the ground, congrats, your butt is square, according to Dr. Schulman.
2. V-Shape: If the line between your pelvis and hips angles inward, your butt takes on a “V” shape from behind, according to Dr. Schulman, who says this butt shape is common among women with broad shoulders and very narrow hips.
3. A-Shape: “Pear-shaped” women tend to have A-shaped butts that widen below the hip bones, according to Dr. Schulman.
4. Round: This one is pretty much self-explanatory, but mostly because you’ve seen this shape on Kim Kardashian, Queen Bey, and J Lo. If you want a rounder butt — which tends to be a popular sentiment among Dr. Schulman’s patients — strengthening the butt muscles can give your backside “more projection” without surgical intervention.
5. Upside-Down Heart: The ol’ upside-down-heart-shaped butt is round without defying gravity. Like round booties, “it involves a curve to the outer hips, but with more volume in the lower part of the hip,” Dr. Schulman explains.
You can see photos of those five distinct shapes over on Cosmopolitan and/or Metro UK , as both of those sites had artists on hand to mock up images of dem booty shapes. In the meantime though, I’m curious which shape you bros think reigns supreme? I think I’m an upside-down heart man myself, you? Perfect Buttocks Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com